Education, Academic Awards and Title
- Graduated with honors, Master of Architecture degree from University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy , Sofia - spring 2003.
- Chosen by the Academic Committee of the International Academy of Architecture as President of the International Forum of Young Architects - 2005. Main organizer of several workshops of the Academy:
- Sochi, Russia 2007
- Sofia, Bulgaria 2008
- Kosadasi, Turkey 2013
- Chosen by the Academic Committee of the International Academy of Architecture as Professor of the International Academy of Architecture of the United Nations - 2016
Competitions and work experience
2000–present BD Arch Studio Created BD Arch Studio together with Daniella Slavova. A number of projects of the team were created prior to the legal establishment of the company in 2006. Selected projects and awards:
- Competition for accessible design – 2000 - first prize.
- Hall №1 and new entrance of the Plovdiv Fair – won competition - 2003
- Office Headquarters of the National Commission for Security of Information- Sofia. - 2006 built 2009
- Office Headquarters of Overgas – national competition – second prize 2006
- Leisure Complex Gardenia - national competition – first prise 2006
- Kalina Country Club– 2007
- Generous auto showroom – 2007
- Diagonal Residence, Sofia, Bulgaria - commission 2009, completed 2016
- Botevgrad Arena, Botevgrad, Bulgaria - won competition - 2009 - completed 2014 - building of the year winner 2014
- Falez Deniz Evleri residential complex, Bursa, Turkey - commission - 2011 - completed 2015
- Foros Office&Residential Complex, Burgas, Bulgaria - national competition - commission - 2013
- Halic Expo Center - Istanbul, Turkey - won competition - 2013
- Silistra Sportshall, Silistra, Bulgaria - commission 2015
- New Canyon Bulgaria, Sofia, Bulgaria - commission 2015
- Rozhen NAO - commission 2017
2002 – 2006 INTERPROJECT IAA Together with Academician Georgi Stoilov, president of the IAA , former president of the International Union of Architects (IUA), and Daniella Slavova has designed several projects:
- Eco – business center in the new capital of Kazahstan – Astana – 2003
- Shopping center in the city of Astana, Kazakhstan – won competition – 2003 – completed 2006
- Palace of culture and religion in the city of Astana, Kazakhstan – won competition – 2004
- Sport center in the city of Moscow – won competition – 2004
Distinctions and Awards
- 2001 First prize in the contest of the International Academy of Architecture (IAA) for an educational building of the academy.
- 2002 Selected among the 20 finalists (approx. 250 participants) in the first competition of the International Council for Caring Community and the United Nations for an “Integrated community of all ages”.
- 2003 Special award of the International Academy of Architecture for diploma project for Sofia International Airport.
- 2003 Special award of the Union of Architects in Bulgaria for the diploma project “Sofia International Airport”
- 2003 Award at the 10th triennial of architecture “Interarch 2003” for the Great Egyptian Museum project.
- 2004 First prize in the National contest for Hall N1 and new entrance for the Plovdiv International Fair.
- 2005 Grand Prix at the International Forum of Young Architects in Nagoya, Japan.2001
- 2006 Second prize in the National contest for Office Headquarters of Overgas
- 2006 First prize in the National contest for Leisure Complex Gardenia
- 2007 Grand Prix at the International Forum of Young Architects in Sochi, Russia.
- 2013 Selected for the design of Foros Office&Residential Complex, Burgas, Bulgaria - national competition
- 2013 Winner of the International competition for a Halic Expo Center - Istanbul, Turkey
- 2014 Building of the year award - Botevgrad Arena
- 2017 Archinova Award for the New Canyon Project
- 2017 Invigorating Light Award by Velux for the Rozhen NAO Project